Search

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Isn't this the chick who sings "KARMA"?

Enough already with the home wreckers, Alicia Keys! I am quite sick and tired of women who zoom in on married, engaged and men in relationships. Despite the rumors, there is not a shortage of men, so cancel the shameless acts of desperation. Since I've entered the roaring 20s, I've gained a new appreciation for the protection of genuine relationships and marriages. Maybe that's the main reason I am waiting to marry when I am truly ready: financially & emotionally. I have also encountered more and more women who are proud to have relationships with men who are married. The pitiful justifications I hear are; " He doesn't want her, he wants me", "It must not be too good at home, he's with me" or "He is going to leave/divorce her any day". So, here's where I stand on top of a building and scream like a cast member in Spike Lee's "School Daze" WAAAAAKE-UUUUUP". Have we demoted ourselves to a level of being proud to be the home-wrecker? I mean really, if a man is going to leave his significant other, he does'nt need your help. I sympathize with the women who actually believe that anything good will come from deceit, adultery & lies. Don't you know that good will always win over evil? I send this blog out to the women who have lost all respect for themselves and would settle for another woman's man. I will continue my tirade by letting you know that just because you have entered into an adulterous affair with another woman's man, you will get back ten times what you have put out. Do you really believe you will have a happily ever after? I sure hope not. Most recently, pop singer, R&B superstar Alicia Keys has "Fallen" for a married man and is now 5 months pregnant by him. Let's keep in mind that their divorce has not been finalized, ummm huh. More importantly, Keys has not addressed the situation at all. I believe as a public figure & icon, Keys owes it to her fans and the public to acknowledge the affair. It appears that Keys' music is the direct opposite of her personal life. Songs like "Superwoman", "Un-breakable" and isn't this the chick who sings "Karma" all speak against deceitful ways to obtain true love. You guys can hate me if you want, but I call a spade a spade. Am I judging her, No....Am I questioning her character? Absolutely. I will never elevate a celebrity to a point where their morality is overlooked, neither should you. Now, let me go back to singing "...what goes around, comes around...la la la".

4 comments:

  1. I couldnt have said it any better! I am very shocked at Alicia Keys.... or should I be? I thought Ms. Keys had more respect for women in general not to entertain another woman's man. I see I was wrong... maybe she never had these standards all along! Who knows, she has probably tried to "steal" men before, but Swizz was the only one who fell! Umm *side eye*

    ReplyDelete
  2. High Standards, Class Act, Beautiful! Bold! Educated Women of Color! Speaking not out of judgement, not out of envy, but out of intelligence and character!!
    What can I say? My Girls :-)

    ReplyDelete