Search

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why are so many Beautiful, Educated women un-married...(and the dumb ones are)

I know you have already gathered your opinions about this blog based on the title, but take a deep breath and continue to read along. I know that this is a re-visited topic, but there are always new comments and opinions to explore. Since I have reached my mid-twenties, I have noticed that many of my female friends are still single. Now, my single is simply un-married. The laws could care less whether you have been in a commited relationship for 5 years or not (even "common-law" is often tossed out of the window), if you are not legally married you are single. The 2008 hit song, "Single Ladies", by Beyonce discusses the fact that many men just let women go when they have an undoubted knowledge that marriage is in fact important to their mates. What I don't understand is the trite excuses men use when faced with the idea of actually marrying the woman they claim to love. Year after year, beautiful, funny, spiritual, educated and successful women turn 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 without enjoying the comfort of being married. Now ladies, if marriage is not "your thing" and you enjoy being a 40 year old girlfriend, then have fun, girl! I am speaking to the ladies who would really desire entering into a marriage with the man they love one day. Back to those trite excuses, among the pathetic many I have heard from actual male friends: 1) I'm too young (he is 35),    2) I'm waiting on my rap deal to break through 3) I'm getting myself together 3) I have to date just a couple of more females 4) It's like we are married anyway 5) Marriage changes yall females 6) I don't know what I want right now 7) She got everything I could ever offer her 8) I'm not ready to be tied down yet 9) I'm just having fun with her or 10) I can't see myself getting married until I'm 40. Ladies, what is your response to some of these answers? On the contrary, I am finding that the more submissive, non-chalant and down right stupid you are, you may be the person to get the ring!! This comment is not directed to ALL women because there are some women completely deserving of their happiness. My confusion is towards people like "Khole Kardashian". So what if this is a PR arranged wedding, too many everyday women and girls, believe that her prince charming has found her. This is the same Khole Kardashian who cusses in almost every episode, treats her sisters and mom horrible and kisses Terrance J right before she annouces her wedding? How tacky? I have another friend who has been cheated on about 8 times with her boyfriend, now happily engaged. Things that make you go hmmm. So here are a few suggestions I have for the single simply amazing women who want to get married: 1) Consider dating outside of your race 2) Give men your requirement for marriage at the beginning of the relationship 3) Don't live with the man you desire to marry, don't play house until you are his wife 4) Help him with the things he wants in his life; serve as his support mate 5) Let him chase you, the one who will not let you go, will NEVER leave you alone. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment