Wednesday, November 18, 2009
What are your opinions about Sarah Kruzan?
This story is one of the reasons, somedays, I can never truly say I am proud to be an American...especially one who is about to enter into the United States legal system. I came across this story on another blog site and wanted to bring more awareness to this story. Sara Kruzan was a troubled girl from Riverside, California who was rasied by a single abusive mother and sadly, G.G. a 31 year old pimp. Kruzan talks about the days when she was an honor roll student and an over-achiever in school. She even won a local Young Author's award on a book she wrote about the effects of drugs. However, she also mentions that when her mother was not around, G.G. was there to take care of her and her friends. He bought them lavish gifts and provided transportation to "elementary/middle" school events like roller skating and dances. Kruzan tearfully recalls that even though she now knows that he was grooming her for a life of prostitution; he was the only one that was there for her. When she turned 13, G.G. took her virginity and told her that she now worked for him. He filled her head with stories like "you are too pretty to give it up for free", "all men want is sex" and "men will hurt you, I'm here to take care of you". Kruzan said that G.G. had her and the other girls working long hours (anywhere from 6:00pm until 5:30am). She endured abuse from him and continued to live in poverty, while he became more profitable. When she turned 16, she devised a plan to kill G.G. because she saw no other way to flee from this lifestyle. The State of California not only tried Kruzan as an adult, but sentenced her to life in prison without parole (plus four years). Today Kruzan is 29 and still behind bars. I emphathize with Sarah Kruzan, not because I lived her life; but because I understand that sometimes to save millions, one life must be shed. Yes,some voluntarily give their lives for others, but others do not. Kruzan deserves a second chance and for those who disagree; throw the first stone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7mno6p9iQ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment